The Policy Group analyzes issues and trends related to a broad array of City concerns and provides policy options for the Comptroller to help him participate effectively in setting municipal priorities.
Research and Analysis
- Track and identify local, statewide, national and international policy trends and headwinds that affect, or have the potential to affect, New Yorkers.
- Attend policy meetings (Council hearings, advocacy meetings, conferences, etc.) to listen and learn about stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Convene fact-finding meetings with stakeholders.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analyses and research on a broad range of policy topics including education, infrastructure, economic development, housing, healthcare, safety & security, as well as topics pertaining to civil rights and social justice such as immigration and LGBT issues.
Internal and External Products
- Background policy research and analysis for the Comptroller, the Bureau of Public Affairs, and the agency at large.
- Policy briefs, reports, and white papers that present study findings and propose recommendations for the public.
- Recent examples include: M/WBE Report Card NYC Annual Review, New York City Capital Acceleration Plan: Creating Jobs Today by Improving Tomorrow's Infrastructure, Bike Share in the City: A Comprehensive Safety Plan, and Power of Guidance: Giving High School Students the College Counseling They Need.