The Comptroller’s Office of Diversity Initiatives works to develop innovative solutions that expand economic opportunities for all. The Office focuses on assisting minority- and women-owned businesses successfully compete for public and private sector procurements which will enable them to grow, and on launching initiatives that put diversity at the heart of the way the City does business.
The Office’s current initiatives include:
- Implementing and monitoring a letter-grading program that holds City agencies accountable to existing supplier diversity laws (Local Law 1) and advocating for additional measures to increase the City’s utilization of M/WBEs;
- Working with the Comptroller’s Bureau of Asset Management on diversity initiatives involving investment managers and portfolio companies held by the NYC Retirement Systems;
- Assisting the Corporate Governance team on supplier, workplace and board diversity initiatives;
- Leading the Comptroller’s Advisory Council on Economic Growth through Diversity and Inclusion; and
- Designing and managing the Comptroller’s Office internal M/WBE program.
If you are a business owner and you would like to submit a complaint based on an LL 1 violation, please contact the Diversity Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.