Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR)
In accordance with New York City Charter §93(l), the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is published within four months after the close of each fiscal year.
The CAFR provides information as follows:
- Comptroller’s Letter of Transmittal: gives a high-level overview of the CAFR and reports from the divisions and bureaus of the Comptroller’s office.
- Independent Auditors’ Report: provides the auditors’ most recent opinions concerning the City’s audited financial statements.
- Management’s Discussion and Analysis: provides a narrative overview and analysis of the financial activities of The City of New York.
- Government-Wide and Fund Financial Statements: provides financial statements prepared in accordance with accounting policy and standards.
- Notes to Financial Statements and Required Supplementary Information: explains the information that appears in the financial statements.
- Fiduciary Fund Statements: provides the financial statements for the fiduciary funds, including the five New York City Pension Trusts.
- General and Capital Fund Detailed Schedules of Revenues and Expenditures: summarizes revenues and expenditures, by City agency and by program.
- Financial Trends and Other Statistical Information: provides supplementary information, as per the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement no. 34.
The Annual Financial Statements for the New York City Component Units and Fiduciary Funds are available here: